Tales from the Trenches: Turning DevOps + Security into DevSecOps
DevOps is a revolution starting to deliver. The “shift left” security approach is trying to catch up, but challenges remain. We will go over concrete security approaches and real data that overcome these challenges.
It takes more than adding “hard to find” security talent to your DevOps team to reach DevSecOps benefits. Our discussion focuses on the practical side and lessons-learned from helping organizations gear up for this paradigm shift.
In this session, you will learn about:
- Fundamental differences – creative processes vs. repeatable processes or how to get DevOps to work with Sec guys
- Taking stock – the origin of a typical security mindset and fostering adoption by DevOps
- Resistance is futile – defining your future state and milestones to get there or how to get agile in Security
- Gettin’ it done – practical experience from real practitioners helping enterprises to make the move
- Bumps in the road – the common (and not so common) obstacles you may hit, and how to overcome them
- Now what? – how to map out plans once you reach significant milestones
Application Security Product Manager
Simon is a 20+ year veteran of the IT and IT Security industry, Having started his career as a developer before ‘Agile’ was even a concept, he then moved into an operational security role for a global manufacturing company before holding a number of technical presales and evangelist roles for a number of network and hardware security vendors. Now as a senior product manager for Outpost24, Simon brings uses his knowledge and experience to ensure customers are given the tools and solutions needed to run successful DevSecOps programmes.