The economics of penetration testing in the new threat landscape
Penetration testing has long been a tried and tested method to simulate attack against companies’ IT systems to find exploitable vulnerabilities before anyone does. Whilst a pen test can expose critical security issues, it doesn’t help a company build up the knowledge and expertise to prevent all possible breaches. Against the backdrop of a rapidly changing threat landscape, are the cost and effort of pricy red team exercises still worth it?
In this webinar we will turn penetration testing on its head and explain the economics of security testing:
- Why pen testing matters, when and how often should you do it
- The true cost of a pen test that nobody tells you
- Pen test vs automated assessment
- What a modern security testing should look like in the new threat landscape
- How to get the best value your money (or budget) can buy from security testing
- Now what? – how to map out plans once you reach significant milestones
Application Security Product Manager
Simon is a 20+ year veteran of the IT and IT Security industry, Having started his career as a developer before ‘Agile’ was even a concept, he then moved into an operational security role for a global manufacturing company before holding a number of technical presales and evangelist roles for a number of network and hardware security vendors. Now as a senior product manager for Outpost24, Simon brings uses his knowledge and experience to ensure customers are given the tools and solutions needed to run successful DevSecOps programmes.